Friday, May 10, 2013
St. Joseph Chapel
All graduates and their guests are welcome to celebrate Mass with Holy Cross faculty, staff, administration and Board of Trustees.
All graduates, Trustees, faculty, and staff wear graduation robe to the Baccalaureate Mass.
- 4:35 Graduates assemble in the Basil Hall Student Union for robing and line-up.
- ATTIRE-Graduation gown. Due to the barbeque immediately following Mass, formal clothing is not recommended.
- 4:45 Students receiving their associates degree will line up first, two by two. Students receiving their bachelor's degree will line up behind the AA graduates, also in pairs.
- 4:55 Procession begins.
Saturday, May 11, 2013
St. Joseph Chapel
- 1:15 p.m. Graduates assemble in the Vincent Lounge (Max) for robing and line-up.
- ATTIRE-The cap (tassel on the left front) and gown.
- Students will line up alphabetically, with the assistance of Registrar, Rick Sullivan. Associate degree recipients will line up alphabetically first, with the baccalaureate students assembling alphabetically behind them.
- 1:55 Procession begins. Students will process to the chapel in pairs. Rick Sullivan will marshal students to the appropriate rows inside the Pfeil Center.
- RECEIVING YOUR DEGREE-An usher will release each row of students at the appropriate time. Students will line up, single file to the right side of the stage. When your name is read, cross the stage, take the diploma in your left hand and shake the hands of the President and Chairman of the Board with your right. Exit the stage and return to your row, and be seated. In the unlikely event that you receive the wrong diploma, see Jodie Sweet or Dorene Muszer immediately following the exercises for an exchange.
- ORDER OF RECESSION: The stage party will lead the recession, followed by faculty, baccalaureate graduates, and the associate graduates.
- Baccalaureate graduates will be led as a group to a predetermined location for a group class photo, before disbanding.
- Regalia should be returned to the cap and gown return table located at the reception.