Admissions > Transfer Students
You are welcome here.
Have you started your educational journey somewhere else? That's fine with us. In fact, Holy Cross is a warm and welcoming environment for students looking to complete their Bachelor's degree. You'll find a smaller, friendlier place to study, and a campus rich in opportunities to get involved. In fact, our experiential curriculum gets you out of the classroom and into the world.
Here are a few benefits that we offer to transferring students:
- Generous acceptance of your credits earned from any regionally accredited college or university. We also accept full Associate's degrees (up to 60 credits)
- Merit scholarships of $2000 - $7,000* to recognize your hard work. Click here to calculate your scholarship!
- Financial Aid packaging to meet most of your financial need
- Classes readily available to help you graduate on time
- Apartment-style residence halls to foster your independence
- A free on-line application to get you started
Our extremely flexible Transfer Core curriculum provides a solid, liberal arts foundation and includes the four experiential components that make Holy Cross unique. Choose from our unlimited combination of majors and minors, allowing you to develop your interests into a degree that makes you unique!
Wondering what it takes to get started? We would be happy to do an unofficial evaluation of your transcripts to assist in your transfer decision. However, official evaluation must be done prior to registration. Contact the Admissions Office for more information.
* Maximum scholarship awards are reserved for admitted students having 24 or more transferable credits.
Transfer Application Requirements -- Apply Now
If you are a student who attended another college or university, regardless of the number of credits you have earned, you are considered a transfer student. To apply to Holy Cross College, please complete the following steps:
- Complete our free on-line Transfer Application form. Our application will take approximately 15-20 minutes to finish.
Note: after completing the first page, you will receive an automated email with a PIN and login information. If you need to stop and return to your application at a later time, use the login information provided in that email. Once you review and submit your application, you will no longer be able to login to your form.
- Submit official copies of all previous college transcripts. Transcripts are normally obtained from the Registrar's Office of your former institution(s) and mailed directly to the admissions Office at Holy Cross College.
- Complete and send in your Transfer Applicant Personal Record form from your former institution(s).
- Submit an official copy of your high school transcript.
- Submit a copy of your ACT and/or SAT scores. If you have 24 or more transferable credits, you do not have to submit test scores.
Please note the Holy Cross Institution Codes:
- o SAT code is 1309
- o ACT code is 1203
- A formal essay is not required. If you wish consideration of unique circumstances, you are encouraged to provide a personal statement detailing your situation, including relevant information. You may submit your statement via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students who are citizens of other countries and for whom English is a second language should submit the TOEFL and certification of finances (click here for further information).
Are you a current student at Ancilla College? Learn more about our partnership that will streamline your transfer process from Ancilla to Holy Cross!