What classes should I take at my high school to prepare myself for a bachelors degree at Holy Cross College? Your future doesn't start when you leave high school. It starts right now. To make your transition into college easier, we recommend you take the college preparatory curriculum offered at your high school. This typically consists of:
4 years of English
3 years of mathematics (including algebra and geometry)
3 years of science (including 2 years of labs sciences)
3 years of social sciences
Multiple years of the same foreign language are strongly recommended.
Students who have taken AP, IB, and dual-credit courses may be eligible for Holy Cross credit. Learn more by reading our Academic Catalog.
Freshman Applicants -- Apply Now
Current high school students or first time college attendees
Applications for Fall Semester 2013 can now be submitted. We will begin reviewing applications on October 1. We then continue to accept applications on a rolling basis.
As an incoming freshman, we'd like to get to know you. Below are the items we will need to determine if you are a good fit for Holy Cross College:
- An Application. Our application will take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete.
Note: after completing the first page, you will receive an automated e-mail with a PIN and log-in information. If you need to stop and return to your application at a later time, use the log-in information provided in that e-mail. Once you review and submit your application, you will no longer be able to log into your form.
- An official high school transcript.
- Official copies of SAT or ACT test scores. Please note the Holy Cross Institution Codes:
- SAT code is 1309
- ACT code is 1203
- A formal essay is not required. If you wish consideration of unique circumstances, you are encouraged to provide a personal statement detailing your situation, including relevant information. You may submit your statement via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Holy Cross has a rolling admission policy. That means we accept qualified applicants in the order in which they apply, with admission decisions generally made within a week after all required documents are received.
- While your academic ability and high school record are at the forefront of admission decisions, we also consider activities, community involvement, leadership and recommendations.
- There is no fee for our online application.