Campus Ministry > St. Joseph Residence Program
St. Joseph Residence Program
The Pulte Hall Community of the Brothers of Holy Cross serves and resides at Holy Cross College. Our on-campus residence provides us an opportunity to invite young people to share and participate in our life of prayer, community, and service. As Holy Cross Brothers we find great support through our commitment and participation in communal life. Inviting others to learn and share in our common life not only revitalizes our community but provides an opportunity for others to consider a similar vocation.
The St. Joseph Residence Program has been established to give young men an opportunity to regularly affiliate with the Brothers of Holy Cross. As residents of the program, students are invited to participate in common prayer, share and prepare meals, and serve in different ministries with Holy Cross Religious. The program is intended for young men interested in living in an intentional community with other religious so they can better understand religious life which in turn begins the process of contemplating a commitment to pursuing a religious vocation.
The residency program has been established to assist young men to learn about living in community and to assist in contemplating a religious vocation. Consistent participation in community life of the Brothers of Holy Cross is a very important aspect of the discernment process. Residents are therefore expected to:
- Attend and participate at community morning prayer
- Attend Sunday mass; attend daily mass (2 times per week)
- Share meals (dinner) with the Brothers 5 times per week (Sunday - Thursday)
- Participate at evening prayer (after evening meals)
- Prepare a meal for the entire community (includes Brothers and resident students) twice per month (the Brothers will assist students with limited cooking experience)
- Attend a weekend retreat with the Brothers at the beginning of each semester
- Attend 1 hour presentations on the Congregation of Holy Cross each month
The St. Joseph Residency Program will coincide with the Fall and Spring school semesters. Students accepted to participate in the program will be invited to renew their commitment to live in the St. Joseph Residence on a semester-by-semester basis.
An integral part of our religious life as Holy Cross Brothers is inviting others to share in our common life. We thank you for your openness to becoming a member of the St. Joseph Residence Program and pray that this opportunity will assist in helping you discern your own vocation.
The Brothers of Holy Cross
Pulte Hall Community
Holy Cross College
For further information about the St. Joseph Residence Program please contact Br. Jesus Alonso, C.S.C.