Associate Director of Admissions
Office: Driscoll 103
Email: Click here to email Adam
* First Year At Holy Cross: 2007
* Undergraduate School: Saint Joseph's College - Rensselaer, IN
* Undergraduate Degree: Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
* High School and City / State: Marian High School - Mishawka, IN
* Place of Birth: South Bend, IN
* Place(s) of childhood/adolescence: South Bend, IN
* Family Members: Torrie DeBeck (Wife), Cosmo (Dachshund)
* Personal Heroes: Bruce Springsteen, Joe Strummer and many other authors and artists who have sought after their own version of the American dream.
* Books: "Travels with Charley" - John Steinbeck, "Into the Wild" - Jon Krakauer, "The Little Prince" - Antoine Saint-Exupery, "A Walk in the Woods" - Bill Bryson, "Slaughterhouse Five" - Kurt Vonnegut
* TV Shows: Six Feet Under, Parks and Recreation, Community, Criminal Minds
* Movies: High Fidelity, The Dark Knight, the Mystery Science Theater 3000 series
* Hobbies / Activities: I'm a big live music fan. I've attended 3 Bonnaroo festivals, and have an enormous collection of ticket stubs from shows I've seen. (Among my favorites: Bruce Springsteen (x5), Paul Simon, Paul McCartney, Phish (x6), Tom Petty, John Prine, and many more.) My current single band total show count for favorite group (South Bend natives) Umphrey's McGee is at 53. I'm also a big fan of just being outdoors and enjoy being a part of the Holy Cross outdoor club and an alum of the Spring Break Geology of the American Southwest trip including the distinction of making from South rim>Colorado River>South Rim one day hike. My job suits my personality well as I enjoy traveling. I've currently visited 25 US states and am looking forward to visiting more and hopefully traveling internationally in the near future.
* Musical Interests: Everything from Americana to Zydeco. I've usually got something new added to iTunes every few days.
* Foods: In South Bend you can't beat the ambiance and food at the Oaken Bucket. On the road I try and find something that's representative of the local culture.
* Sports Teams: It may sound cliche but it's the truth - Holy Cross Saints!