Br. Chris Dreyer, C.S.C.
Director of Student Counseling Services
Department: Counseling Services
Office: Vincent 174
Email: Click here to email Chris
* First Year At Holy Cross: I was a student here from 1972-1974. I was an adjunct instructor from 1993-2000 when I was asked to begin a service program. I've been here full time since 2000 first as the Director of Advising and later as Director of Student Counseling Services
* Graduate School(s): Indiana University and Western Michigan University
* Graduate Degree(s): Master of Science in Education and a Master of Social Work
* Undergraduate School: University of Notre Dame
* Undergraduate Degree: Bachelor of Arts with High Honors
* High School and City / State: Cathedral - Indianapolis, Indiana
* Place of Birth: Indianapolis, IN
* Place(s) of childhood/adolescence: Indianapolis, IN
* Family Members: older sister Cindy, a retired RN, who lives with her husband in Portland, Oregon - brother Ken, a physical therapist, who lives with his wife in Fillmore, IN, and younger sister Marie - retired from Eli Lilly and Company, who lives with her husband in Indianapolis
* Personal Heroes: Jimmy Carter especially because of his involvement in Habitat for Humanity
* Books: "Jude the Obscure" by Thomas Hardy
* Movies: "Blazing Saddles"
* Hobbies / Activities: I volunteer at Safe Station, an emergency shelter for teens, with the Youth Service Bureau. I also volunteer at Habitat for Humanity.
* Quotes: "If you give someone a fish, you feed that person for a day. If you teach that person how to fish, you feed that person for a lifetime."