Preparing for Success at Holy Cross
What classes should I take at my high school to prepare myself for a bachelors degree at Holy Cross College? Your future doesn’t start when you leave high school. It starts right now. To make your transition into college easier, we recommend you take the college preparatory curriculum offered at your high school. This typically consists of:
4 years of English
3 years of mathematics (including algebra and geometry)
3 years of science (including 2 years of labs sciences)
3 years of social sciences
Multiple years of the same foreign language are strongly recommended.
Students who have taken AP, IB, and dual-credit courses may be eligible for Holy Cross credit. Learn more by reading our Academic Catalog.
First Year Applicants — Apply Now
Current high school students or first time college attendees
Applications for Fall Semester 2018 can now be submitted. We will begin reviewing applications on November 1. We then continue to accept applications on a rolling basis.
As an incoming first year student, we’d like to get to know you. Below are the items we will need to determine if you are a good fit for Holy Cross College:
- The Common Application
- An official high school transcript
- Official results of SAT or ACT test scores. Please note the Holy Cross Institution Codes:
- ACT code is 1203
- SAT code is 1309
- Please note, for 2017 applicants, Holy Cross will accept both the new SAT and the old SAT. For admission, we will consider the single highest score from your test dates. If you took both assessments, we will use concordance tables provided by the College Board to compare scores. Sending your scores each time you take the SAT can benefit you by allowing Holy Cross to consider you for all available enrollment-related opportunities.
- Holy Cross has a rolling admission policy. That means we accept qualified applicants in the order in which they apply, with admission decisions generally made two to three weeks after all required documents are received.
- While your academic ability and high school record are at the forefront of admission decisions, we also consider activities, community involvement, leadership and recommendations.
- There is no fee for our online application.