Congratulations on being accepted to Holy Cross College! Getting started with technology services at HC is easy. Please review the sections below for guidance.
Your Username and Password
Everyone at Holy Cross College is assigned login credentials for two groups of resources that are separately maintained.
Before continuing, you will need to know both your ID number and your username.
Your ID number is a 9 digit number in the format of ‘800######’, where the hash marks are random numbers assigned to you. Your ID number is not printed on your ID Card; the number on the back of your ID Card is your Library Bar Code. Your ID number is available from your Academic Advisor, Admission Counselor, and is printed on many Business Office documents.
Your username is available in your admission packet, and follows the format of [the first letter of your first name] + [your last name]. To avoid duplicates your username may also have a number appended to the end.
As an example, let’s assume that your username is JSmith10 and your ID number is “800012345”. Then you will use the following credentials to login to these services:
Network Access (Computer Lab, Residence Halls, Wireless)
Moodle – course management
HC Portal – billing information, grade reports, course registration, and more
Mobile Printing – print from anywhere on campus
IT Ticketing – create a ticket for IT assistance
To change the password for your network account, log in to a Holy Cross computer in the computer lab and press Ctrl+Alt+Delete on the keyboard. Follow the prompt.
Your username is also your assigned email address. You’ll be prompted to change your password at first login.
If you are unable to login to your accounts after following the instructions above and you have waited at least a week after registering for classes, please contact us.
Checklist before arriving to campus
- Make sure your personal computer has antivirus software installed, that the definitions are up-to-date, and that you are familiar with using your software. This is a requirement before you will be allowed on the network.
- If you are using a Windows operating system, make sure that you are current with Windows Updates. This is a requirement before you will be allowed on the network.
- As a Holy Cross student, you get Microsoft Office for free on your personal devices! CLICK HERE for information on how to install it.
- Log in to your HC Portal account to make sure that it is working properly.
- Log in to your Student Webmail account to make sure it is working properly.
- Review the college Responsible Use of Technology.
- Have a look at the instructions for How to Connect Your Computer to the Internet.
When you come to campus, connect to the network
- Connect to the wireless “Holy Cross College” network. Once connected, open your internet browser and follow the instructions that appear on your screen, using the login credentials detailed above. CLICK HERE for more detailed instructions.
- For other devices that may not have access to an internet browser, CLICK HERE for instructions on how to register them.