Friday, May 18, 2018
St. Joseph Chapel
All graduates and their guests are welcome to celebrate Mass with Holy Cross faculty, staff, administration and Board of Trustees.
All graduates, Trustees, faculty, and staff wear graduation robe to the Baccalaureate Mass.
- 4:35 Graduates assemble in the Basil Hall Student Union for robing and line-up.
- 4:45 Students receiving their associates degree will line up first, two by two. Students receiving their bachelor’s degree will line up behind the AA graduates, also in pairs.
- 4:55 Procession begins.
Send Forth Ceremony
Friday, May 18, 2018
Immediately following Mass
Please bring academic cap to Mass. Cap may be placed on head at the end of Mass, to be worn during Send Forth Ceremony.
Saturday, May 19, 2018
Pfeil Recreation Center
- 10:15 a.m. Graduates assemble in the Vincent Lounge (Max) for robing and line-up.
- ATTIRE-The cap (tassel on the RIGHT front) and gown. High heals are not recommended. Caps may be decorated in tasteful manner.
- Students will line up alphabetically, with the assistance of Jodie Badman and registrar, Hiroko Harrison. Associate degree recipients will line up alphabetically first, with the baccalaureate students assembling alphabetically behind them.
- 10:55 a.m. Procession begins. Students will process to the chapel in pairs. Hiroko Harrison will marshal students to the appropriate rows inside the Pfeil Center.
- RECEIVING YOUR DEGREE– Registrar Harrison will release each row of students at the appropriate time. Students will line up, single file to the right side of the stage. When your name is read, cross the stage, take the diploma in your left hand and shake the hands of the President and Chairman of the Board with your right. Exit the stage and return to your row, and be seated. In the unlikely event that you receive the wrong diploma, see Jodie Badman immediately following the exercises for an exchange.
- ORDER OF RECESSION: Graduates will lead the recession, followed by faculty, Trustees, and the stage party.