Congratulations on being accepted to Holy Cross College! Getting started with technology services at HCC is easy. Please review the sections below for guidance.
Your Username and Password
Every HCC Student is assigned login credentials for two groups of resources that are separately maintained. Creation of your accounts happens after you first register for classes. Accounts are created manually, so please allow up to a week for your accounts to be activated.
Before continuing, you will need to know your Student ID number. It is a 9 digit number in the format of '8000#####' or '8001#####', where the hash marks are random numbers assigned to you. Your Student ID is not printed on your Student ID Card; the number on the back of your ID Card is your Library Bar Code. Your Student ID is available from your Academic Advisor, Admission Counselor, and is printed on many Business Office documents.
As an example, let's assume that your name is "Jane Smith" and your Student ID number is "800012345". Then you will use the following credentials to login to these services:
Network Access (Computer Lab, Residence Halls, Wireless), Moodle, and HCC Portal
Used to authenticate your personal computer on the campus wireless and Residence Hall networks, and to login to computers in the Computer Lab. Also used to access Moodle, the college's Learning Management Software. The HCC Portal contains billing information, grade reports, course registration, and more.
Your username is: [the first letter of your first name] + [your last name]. Your password is your entire nine-digit Student ID number.
Used to access your Holy Cross College email account and SkyDrive online storage. Your username is also your assigned email address.
Your username is: [the first letter of your first name] + [your last name] + '@hcc-nd.edu'. Your password is your entire nine-digit Student ID number.
If you are unable to login to your accounts after following the instructions above and you have waited at least a week after registering for classes, please contact Br. Charles Drevon.
Click Here for information on how to Change Your Password
Checklist before arriving to campus
- Make sure your personal computer has antivirus software installed, that the definitions are up-to-date, and that you are familiar with using your software.
- Make sure your computer has anti-spyware software installed and that you know how to use it.
- If you are using a Windows operating system, make sure that you are current with Windows Updates.
- Log in to your HCC Portal account to make sure that it is working properly.
- Log in to your Student Webmail account to make sure it is working properly.
- Review the college Network Usage Policies.
- Have a look at the instructions for connecting your computer to the college network.
What to do when you come to campus
- Connect to the network: If using a wired connection, plug your network cable into the orange plug in your residence hall. If using the wireless connection, connect to the "Holy Cross College" access point. Once connected, open your internet browser and follow the instructions that appear on your screen, using the login credentials detailed above. CLICK HERE for more detailed instructions.
- Stop by the computer lab office (V-246a) to either pick-up your ID card (if you previously had your picture taken), or have your picture taken.
If you would like to use a college telephone in your residence hall room, contact Br. Charles Drevon.