Office 365 for education
UPDATE: Our upgrade was successful. Watch your email for future communications regarding new and enhanced features. If you're having trouble logging in and are using a bookmark, please ensure that your bookmark is pointing to the correct place, http://webmail.hcc-nd.edu
This Saturday, July 27th we will be switching all campus email accounts from Live@Edu to Office 365 for education. This process is expected to last for most of the day. As the switch occurs, you will be provided with two accounts: your Holy Cross account (Office 365) which will have your email and other college-provided services, and a personal Live account that has your SkyDrive and other personal services provided and supported by Microsoft. To learn more about the split, see the video below.
With Office 365, you will now have two separate accounts:
Office 365 account
- Email. You will continue to use Microsoft Outlook Web App (Webmail) or Microsoft Outlook to view and send email from your college account, and you will sign in at http://webmail.hcc-nd.edu using your familiar username and password. This account is administered by your Holy Cross IT staff.
- Lync, Sharepoint, Office Web Apps, and more are also included with your Office 365 account. Watch after the switch for further communications from IT regarding these products.
Personal Microsoft account
- This personal account will give you access to all existing SkyDrive content, Messenger, and other Microsoft services and can be accessed at http://account.live.com. You will use the same username and password that was used to access Live@edu. Note that Holy Cross no longer administers this account. As a result, we cannot reset the password for you. Use https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx to reset the password for your personal account after the upgrade.
About the Upgrade
Q: Will email delivery be interrupted?
A: No. Mail will continue to be delivered during the switch.
Q: Will I still be able to access my email during the upgrade?
A: Yes. During the upgrade you will still be able to use your HC email as normal, though you may notice some brief/intermittent outages as the upgrade occurs.
Q: Will my emails all be switched over? My account settings?
A: All of your email content will remain the same: your rules, contacts, email, calendar items, and so on will all upgrade to the new Office 365 account. You will even continue to access your email the same way. Mobile users will not be affected; your email will continue to synchronize to your phones and mobile devices.
Q: What are the main benefits of moving to Office 365?
- Improved Webmail interface and functionality
- Email storage increase from 10GB to 25GB
- Many added features for Office Web Apps
- Access to new applications such as Sharepoint and Lync
Please contact your IT staff at email@example.com.