You are welcome here!
Have you started your educational journey somewhere else? That’s fine with us. In fact, Holy Cross is a warm and welcoming environment for students looking to complete their Bachelor’s degree.
Because we’re a small, friendly campus, you’ll find it easy to connect to faculty and other students. However, our practical, experiential curriculum is designed to get you out of the classroom and into the world. Combined with our unique location in the tri-campus community of Notre Dame, IN, we have a world of social and academic opportunities for you.
Why Holy Cross?
The Benefits of Transferring to Holy Cross
We want to make coming to Holy Cross College as easy as possible. Call Admissions at (574) 239-8400, and an admission representative can help guide you through our transfer process. Some of the benefits we offer our transfer students are:
- Generous acceptance of your credits earned from any regionally accredited college or university. We also accept full Associate’s degrees (up to 60 credits)
- Merit scholarships of $3,000 – $9,000* to recognize your hard work
- Financial Aid packaging to meet most of your financial need
- Classes readily available to help you graduate on time
- Apartment-style residence halls to foster your independence
- A free on-line application to get you started
Our extremely flexible Transfer Core curriculum provides a solid, liberal arts foundation and includes the four experiential components that make Holy Cross unique. Choose from our unlimited combination of majors and minors, allowing you to develop your interests into a degree that makes you unique!
Wondering what it takes to get started? We would be happy to do an unofficial evaluation of your transcripts to assist in your transfer decision. However, official evaluation must be done prior to registration. Contact the Admissions Office for more information.
* Maximum scholarship awards are reserved for admitted students having 24 or more transferable credits.
All About Transferring
Transfer Application Requirements
If you are a student who attended another college or university, regardless of the number of credits you have earned, you are considered a transfer student. To apply to Holy Cross College, please complete the following steps:
- Complete our free online Transfer Application form.
- Submit official copies of all previous college transcripts. Transcripts are normally obtained from the Registrar’s Office of your former institution(s) and mailed directly to the admissions Office at Holy Cross College.
- Complete and send in your Transfer Applicant Personal Record form from your former institution(s).
- Submit an official copy of your high school transcript.
- Submit a copy of your ACT and/or SAT scores. If you have 24 or more transferable credits, you do not have to submit test scores.
Please note the Holy Cross Institution Codes:
ACT code is 1203
SAT code is 1309
For 2017 applicants, Holy Cross will accept both the new SAT and the old SAT. For admission, we will consider the single highest score from your test dates. If you took both assessments, we will use concordance tables provided by the College Board to compare scores. Sending your scores each time you take the SAT can benefit you by allowing Holy Cross to consider you for all available enrollment-related opportunities.
- A formal essay is not required. If you wish consideration of unique circumstances, you are encouraged to provide a personal statement detailing your situation, including relevant information. You may submit your statement via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students who are citizens of other countries and for whom English is a second language should submit the TOEFL and certification of finances (click here for further information).
Would You Like to Play Sports at Holy Cross College?
We are always looking to add individuals of high character and athletic ability to our NAIA teams. Our athletic department endorses and supports the college’s mission to transform lives by developing students in mind, body and spirit. We strive for excellence in our programs and focus on athletic success, while encouraging academic achievement, spiritual maturity and social growth.