Have you started your educational journey somewhere else? That’s fine with us. In fact, Holy Cross College is a warm and welcoming environment for students looking to complete their bachelor’s degree.
Because we’re a small, friendly campus, you’ll find it easy to connect to faculty and other students. However, our practical, experiential curriculum is designed to get you out of the classroom and into the world. Combined with our unique location in the tri-campus community at Notre Dame, IN, we have a world of social and academic opportunities for you.
Why Holy Cross?
The Benefits of Transferring to Holy Cross
We want to make coming to Holy Cross College as easy as possible. Call Admissions at (574) 239-8400, and an admission representative can help guide you through our transfer process. Some of the benefits we offer our transfer students are:
- Generous acceptance of your credits earned from any regionally accredited college or university. We also accept full Associate’s degrees (up to 60 credits)
- Automatic consideration for merit scholarships ranging from $8,000 to $12,000
- Financial Aid packaging to meet most of your financial need
- Classes readily available to help you graduate on time
- Apartment-style residence halls to foster your independence
- A free application
Our extremely flexible Transfer Core curriculum provides a solid, liberal arts foundation and includes the four experiential components that make Holy Cross unique. Choose from our unlimited combination of majors and minors, allowing you to develop your interests into a degree that makes you unique!
Wondering what it takes to get started? We would be happy to do an unofficial evaluation of your transcripts to assist in your transfer decision. However, official evaluation must be done prior to registration. Contact the Admissions Office for more information.
How to Apply
Transfer Application Requirements
If you are a student who attended another college or university, regardless of the number of credits you have earned, you are considered a transfer student. To apply to Holy Cross College, please complete the following steps:
- Complete and submit the Common Application for transfer students or the Holy Cross Application for Transfer Admission
- Be sure to create a transfer account on the Common Application website in order to access the transfer version of the application. If you already have a first year account with the Common Application, you will have to create a new account using a different email address and register as a transfer student.
- Submit official copies of all previous college transcripts. Transcripts are normally obtained from the Registrar’s Office of your former institution(s) and mailed directly to the Office of Admissions at Holy Cross College
- Submit a completed College Report
- The College Report collects information about your academic and personal standing at your current or most recent institution. You will need to gather this information from a dean and/or academic advisor who has access to your full record at your school.
- If you are submitting the Common Application, please print out the College Report PDF from the Common Application website and submit it to your dean and/or academic advisor to fill out. Then, scan and email the form to email@example.com. The College Report can be found on the Common Application website on Holy Cross College’s “Recommenders and FERPA” page under the “My Colleges” tab. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to download a PDF copy of this report.
- If you are submitting the Holy Cross Application for Transfer Admission, the College Report is available for download here.
- Submit an official copy of your high school transcript
- Submit a copy of your ACT and/or SAT scores. If you have 24 or more transferable credits, you do not have to submit test scores
- Please note the Holy Cross Institution Codes:
ACT code is 1203
SAT code is 1309
- Please note the Holy Cross Institution Codes:
- Students who are citizens of other countries and for whom English is a second language should submit the TOEFL and certification of finances (click here for further information).
- Those applicants wishing to begin classes in the spring semester (January) are asked to have the application submitted on or before December 15.
- Those applicants wishing to begin classes in the fall semester (August) are asked to have the application submitted on or before July 28.
Would You Like to Play Sports at Holy Cross College?
We are always looking to add individuals of high character and athletic ability to our NAIA teams. Our athletic department endorses and supports the college’s mission to transform lives by developing students in mind, body and spirit. We strive for excellence in our programs and focus on athletic success, while encouraging academic achievement, spiritual maturity and social growth.
Questions about the transfer process? Contact Jen Kau today!
Assistant Director of Admissions
Holy Cross College
Office of Admissions
54515 Indiana State Road 933 N.
P.O. Box 308
Notre Dame, IN 46556