Things to do in South Bend, Indiana
Adjacent to the campuses of the University of Notre Dame & Saint Mary’s College, Holy Cross College is located just north of South Bend, Indiana city limits.
In order to fully immerse yourself in the Holy Cross experience, get to know the area and take in all it has to offer. Check out the links below to learn about what this area has to offer.
- Legends of Notre Dame Night Club – Famous live bands, stand-up comedy, improv, & various fun events Thursday-Saturday nights. (HC, SMC, & ND students only)
- Morris Civic Performing Arts Center – Home of the Broadway Theatre League, the South Bend Symphony Orchestra, and the Southold Dance Theater.
- South Bend Civic Theater – The oldest continuously-operating community theatre company in the South Bend area.
- East Race Waterway – The East Race Waterway is a one-of-a-kind recreational facility offering whitewater rafting and scenic river walks.
- Downtown South Bend, IN Events – An excellent resource for local events ranging from art fairs to marathons.
- South Bend/Mishawaka Visitors Guide – Another great resource to get the most out of South Bend.
- South Shore Railroad – This train runs daily between South Bend and Chicago for easy access to downtown Chicago.
- South Bend Cubs – South Bend is home to a local class A minor league team affiliated with the Chicago Cubs.
- The Chamber of Commerce of St. Joseph County – A great resource for networking with local businessmen.
- Amish Acres Historical Farm – West of South Bend, this farm offers tours, narrated wagon rides, domestic craft demonstrations, authentic Amish style food, & a repertory musical theatre.
- Potawatomi Zoo – Located next to Potawatomi Park, this 23 acre zoo is Indiana’s oldest & is home to over 400 animals.
- South Bend Museum of Art – This museum features historical and contemporary art in five galleries, and offers artistic instruction in its studios.
- South Bend Chocolate Factory & Museum – This unique gourmet chocolate factory & museum offers delicious tours.