The goal of the College’s Career Development team is to help students understand how their growth as a scholar, citizen, leader, and disciple is transferable to the skills necessary to find success in their endeavors after graduation.
Every Holy Cross student has different professional goals, levels of experience, and personal strengths. That’s why the Career Development Center customizes the professional development process for every student to enable you to lead courageously, regardless of your chosen profession.
No matter where you are in your career development journey, you’ll have access to a wide range of resources and experiences including:
- One-on-one Mentoring from an experienced team member willing to help you build a resume, make connections to grow your network, or find an opportunity to gain hands-on, practical work experience needed to discern and prepare for your next opportunity.
- Pathway U, which helps students examine their skills, values, and work style preferences to discover possible career pathways and map the skills and knowledge needed to be successful in each field.
- Handshake, where both Fortune 500 companies and local employers alike post full and part-time job openings, internships, volunteer opportunities, post-graduate service positions, and fellowships.
- Professional Internships (every student earning a bachelor’s degree completes at least one), where you can test out your career path, experience new work environments, and build your professional network.
- Ascend Indiana, which pairs students with an Indiana-based career mentor to help introduce students to early career positions (0 – 3-years’ experience) with partner organizations/companies based throughout the state of Indiana.
- Engage in conversation with potential employers during our annual Career Fair, a highly curated event featuring employers hand-picked by our staff.
- Hear from Holy Cross alumni living and working in the area as they share their professional experiences at on-campus events.
- Senior Capstone, a course team-taught by the Director of Career Development and full-time faculty helping students understand and share how their passions and skills can make an impact in their first post-graduate opportunity.