The Campus Safety and Security Department exists to serve the Holy Cross community by promoting, creating, and maintaining a safe, secure, and enjoyable campus environment for all members of the college family and its guests.
We are dedicated to helping the College create a civil place based on Catholic values and the common good. Campus security is led by officer Greg Runnels, a former U.S. Air Force Security Force E5 and an award-winning security service officer.
Call Campus Security: 574-239-8312
Report an Incident
The Holy Cross Security team partners with the Notre Dame Safe Ride program (called SafeBouND) to provide Holy Cross students with rides to and from the ND campus through the HCC-ND Safe Ride Program.
To obtain a ride on the ND campus, call (574) 631-5555, which will put you in contact with SafeBouND, or download the App (use the “Transit” icon).
- ND will provide you with a ride to the gazebo on Dorr Road (near the WNDU studio)
- SafeBouND hours are:
- Sunday – Wednesday: 9:00 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. (Golf cart escort)
- Thursday – Saturday: 9:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. (Walking escort)
- If you need a ride on the ND campus outside SafeBouND hours, call (574) 631-5555 and NDSP will make arrangements for you.
Immediately after contacting SafeBouND, call (574) 239-8312 (HCC Campus Security) to obtain a ride from the ND transfer point to the HCC campus (Call immediately after contacting SafeBouND so HCC Campus Security can meet you at the drop-off point).
- A HCC Security officer will meet you at the transfer point and give you a ride to the HCC campus.
- Please remain at the transfer point until picked up or let HCC Campus Security know if you leave.
- Call HCC Campus Security at (574) 239-8312 for a ride anytime you feel unsafe.
Please use these services whenever you’re concerned about your safety.
Parking at ND: Students with cars displaying a valid Holy Cross student parking decal are welcome to park in the C Lots, as well as the Lake and Dorr Road and D Bulla lots.