There’s no fee to submit the Common Application to Holy Cross College.
The Common Application essay is required (view essay prompts here).
- 400-500 words recommended (minimum 250 words)
Holy Cross College seeks to form scholars, citizens, leaders, and disciples who serve the Common Good. What about this mission or other aspects of Holy Cross College interest you? Recommended response of 150-200 words.
- 100-150 recommended (minimum 50 words)
Students are also encouraged to complete the Activities section of the Common Applications with their involvement in their school, local, and religious communities.
You will have to designate at least one school official (e.g. school counselor) to submit the Common Application School Report with the transcript. The School Report often includes a letter of recommendation from a college counselor.
Official High School Transcript
- It is preferred that official transcripts be submitted via the Common Application School Report.
- Alternatively, official transcripts can be sent to the Office of Admissions directly from a school administrator.
- Updated transcripts via the Common Application Optional Report and/or Mid-Year Report are welcome.
- A final transcript showing successful high school graduation must be submitted prior to enrollment. An offer of admission is contingent upon receipt of a final transcript and review of final grades. We prefer final transcripts be submitted via the Common Application Final Report.
Letters of Recommendation
- You’ll have the option to designate teachers who can submit letters of recommendation on your behalf. Letters of recommendation aren’t required but can be helpful in the evaluation process.
- Holy Cross has a test-optional policy for first-year students applying for Fall 2022 enrollment.
- For students who have taken the ACT and/or SAT, scores can be submitted to supplement the application.
- SAT and ACT scores reported on the high school transcript are considered official.
- Holy Cross College will consider self-reported test scores from the Common Application or if submitted via the Holy Cross Applicant Portal.
- Holy Cross College super scores the SAT and ACT if multiple tests are submitted. Therefore, it is recommended to send all tests you have taken.
- How to send SAT scores (our SAT code is 1309)
- How to send ACT scores (our ACT code is 1203)