Only one application per student is needed, and there is no fee to submit either application to Holy Cross College.
Recursos adicionales en Español: https://www.hcc-nd.edu/recursos-en-espanol/.
- Holy Cross College seeks to form scholars, citizens, leaders, and disciples who serve the Common Good. What about this mission or other aspects of Holy Cross College interest you? This short answer essay is required to complete your application to Holy Cross College. Please write between 50-200 words for this essay.
- The Common Application essay is optional to complete your application to Holy Cross College. You can view the essay prompts here. Please write between 250-500 words for this essay.
- The Office of Admissions may request an additional writing sample after the initial review of an application.
Students are also encouraged to complete the Activities section of their applications with their involvement in their school, local, and religious communities. This can also include work and family responsibilities.
Official High School Transcript
- You will have to designate at least one school official (e.g. school counselor) on the application who will submit your official transcript (and potentially a School Report and letter of recommendation, though not required).
- If applying through the Common Application, it is preferred that official transcripts be submitted via the Common Application School Report.
- Alternatively, official transcripts can be sent to the Office of Admissions at [email protected] directly from a school administrator.
- Updated transcripts after each term are welcome.
- A final transcript showing successful high school graduation (and date of degree conferral) must be submitted prior to enrollment. An offer of admission is contingent upon receipt of a final transcript and review of final grades. We prefer final transcripts be submitted via the Common Application Final Report.
Letters of Recommendation (optional)
- You’ll have the option to designate teachers who can submit letters of recommendation on your behalf. Letters of recommendation are not required but can be helpful in the evaluation process.
SAT and/or ACT Scores (optional)
- Holy Cross has a test-optional policy for first-year students applying for Fall 2022 enrollment.
- For students who have taken the ACT and/or SAT, scores can be submitted to supplement the application.
- SAT and ACT scores reported on the high school transcript are considered official.
- Holy Cross College will consider self-reported test scores from the Common Application or if submitted via the Holy Cross Applicant Portal.
- Holy Cross College super scores the SAT and ACT if multiple tests are submitted. Therefore, it is recommended to send all tests you have taken.
- How to send SAT scores (our SAT code is 1309)
- How to send ACT scores (our ACT code is 1203)
International Student Documents
- Additional materials are required for students who will be applying for a student visa and/or who have attended secondary school outside the United States. Please see https://www.hcc-nd.edu/international-applicants/ for details.