Title of Position: University Edge Housing Coordinator
Department: Residence Life
Reports to: Director of Residence Life & Housing
Holy Cross College’s Mission: The Mission of Holy Cross College is to educate and form global citizens with the competence to see and the courage to act. Holy Cross is a Catholic college that advances the apostolic mission of the Brothers of Holy Cross. Our practical, experiential, liberal arts curriculum applies timeless truths to contemporary life and leads people to wholeness in the image of Christ.
Our hiring practices reflect this missional commitment to being a Christ-centered institution.
Typical Schedule: This 10-month contract (August 1st, 2024 through May 31st, 2025). Duties and responsibilities are irregular and will require evening and weekend hours.
Purpose: The University Edge Housing Coordinator is responsible for working closely with the Holy Cross residents who live in the Holy Cross College building at University Edge Building 2 and 3, along with other Residence Life & Housing staff members to develop and maintain an atmosphere of community in an off-campus setting. Aspects of a Holy Cross community include, but are not limited to, a community which promotes positive, constructive, and supportive academic, spiritual, personal, and social growth in ways that are in concert with the Holy Cross College mission and way of living. Fundamental to the position is the concept of “adult presence.” The University Edge Housing Coordinator shall serve as a calming, mature, and accessible adult presence in the facility as a reminder of the Holy Cross College expectations for residents, to serve as source of advice and counsel for those requesting it and/or in need of it, and as a familiar face and person in residence for residents to approach to help build and sustain a sense of community in the building. The goal is to provide the highest quality residential experience while transitioning students into educational partners who understand that everyone is responsible for his/her own experience, while helping students begin to learn how to live effectively in community and as contributing global citizens in an off-campus setting.
Essential Job Duties:
- All administrators, faculty and staff are called to assist students in their formation to be Christ-like students and thus must embrace and advance the Holy Cross mission of the College in all professional activities.
- Serve as the Holy Cross College official liaison with University Edge management, and function as the first point of contact for Holy Cross resident issues at University Edge.
- Enhance community through building rapport with students, conflict mediation, and counseling.
- Administer and enforce policies and procedures as outlined in the Residence Life contract, Holy Cross Student Code of Conduct, and Student Handbook as appropriate to the University Edge setting. Additionally, Housing Coordinator will enforce University Edge Policies along with all Federal, State and Local laws.
- Manage and supervise the day-to-day operations of Building 2 and 3 at University Edge and develop and implement building operating practices and policies.
- Serve as the Residence Life on-site-on-call professional for emergency and crisis situations and represent Holy Cross College during on-site management of crisis situations while working with other emergency management personnel.
- Responsible for public relations when interfacing with residents or other invested constituents.
- Monitor and help maintain appropriate conduct and behavior in Building 2 and 3 at University Edge.
- Conduct meetings with residents regarding the violation of college policies.
- Adjudicate minor disciplinary problems.
- Write comprehensive reports to supervisors regarding student welfare and crisis intervention.
- Review, consider, and approve or disapprove room change requests.
- Monitor the physical condition and upkeep of the building; oversee the successful completion of maintenance and repair; ensure residents submit maintenance requests in a timely manner.
- Manage building programming budget; authorize and make recommendations for expenditures
- Attend the fall training workshop, staff meetings and in-service training sessions scheduled throughout the year.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Director of Residence Life & Housing.
Minimum Education, Skills, and Ability:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience with adolescent or college age students in a residential setting preferred.
- Knowledge of higher education, learning and human development theory, customer service and student affairs is important.
- Ability to utilize discretion and independent judgment to levy and supervise sanctions placed on students for certain violations.
- Must arrive up to one week early for mandatory fall semester training.
- The University Housing Coordinator shall be exemplary at all times in levels of maturity, responsibility, judgment, conduct, moral fortitude and accessibility
- A commitment to the concepts of community and integration of mind, body and spirit within the context of the Congregation of Holy Cross and the mission of Holy Cross College is essential
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication, administrative, organization and supervisory skills required.
- Ability to comply with workplace guidelines and attendance requirements.
- Required to live on-site for duration of assignment.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills and physical demands required of personnel so classified. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Employment at Holy Cross College is ‘at will’ meaning that either the College or the employee can end the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. Holy Cross College is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on qualifications and are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or any other legally protected status. Interested candidates should submit resume, cover letter and three references (names and contact information) via email to Human Resources [email protected]. Position open until filled.