Title of Position: Leadership Annual Giving Officer
Reports to: Vice President for Advancement
Holy Cross College’s Mission: The Mission of Holy Cross College is to educate and form global citizens with the competence to see and the courage to act. Holy Cross is a Catholic college that advances the apostolic mission of the Brothers of Holy Cross. Our practical, experiential, liberal arts curriculum applies timeless truths to contemporary life and leads people to wholeness in the image of Christ.
Our hiring practices reflect this missional commitment to being a Christ-centered institution.
Typical Schedule: Full time. Minimum 40 hours per week. Must be willing to travel, work nights and weekends when necessary. Some travel may be required in Indiana, Michigan, Illinois and throughout the nation.
Purpose: The Leadership Annual Giving Officer facilitates strong relationships between prospective donors and the college for securing leadership gift commitments ($5,000-$49,999). The gift officer will establish and implement an annual activity plan to foster a robust leadership gift portfolio.
Essential Job Duties
- All administrators, faculty and staff are called to assist students in their formation to be Christ-like students and thus must embrace and advance the Holy Cross mission of the College in all professional activities.
- Articulate the vision, mission, goals and core values of the college to its constituents.
- Participate in a comprehensive annual giving leadership gift program for the college by facilitating active relationships for assigned prospects with college partners while endeavoring to match college-funding needs with prospects’ interests.
- Involve college leadership, faculty and staff in strategy development and prospect activities to foster multiple points of contact for each prospect.
- Build a portfolio of 100 qualified annual giving leadership prospects through the development cycle, from cultivation to solicitation and stewardship.
- Design general strategies for each assigned prospect based on research data and information gathered through the qualification visits. Assess and document each leadership prospect’s gift (current) rating and future ultimate gift rating.
- Plan and document detailed activities (in-progress tasks) including personal visits, phone calls, and written communications that deepens the relationship of a prospect with the college and moves them, in a timely manner, from one stage in the development cycle to the next, maximizes giving potential and provides consistent contact with all assigned prospects. .
- Focus on generating support for student scholarships, on an annual as well as endowed basis
- Facilitate a minimum of 120 contacts/visits per year (average 10/month).
- Document completed activities (completed tasks) in a timely manner.
- Generate incremental revenue from annual gifts and multi-year commitments in the first twelve months of $500K+
- Document commitments according to established policies and procedures.
- Follows budget guidelines regarding expenditures incurred in major gift fundraising for effective and efficient use of college resources.
- Review status of individual prospect plans and productivity reports with Vice President for Advancement each month.
- Other duties assigned to assist the advancement goals of the College.
Minimum Education, Skills, and Ability
- The successful candidate will have proven fundraising experience who believes in the Catholic higher education mission of Holy Cross College, is results and people-oriented, and possesses a strong work ethic and superb attention to detail. The candidate will also have proven communication skills with an ability to write and speak persuasively about the role of educational philanthropy.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience working in an Advancement operation, including involvement in gift solicitation, or an equivalent combination of related experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated experience in a position that required leadership skills.
- Demonstrated experience in a position that required exceptional written, speaking and listening skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Experience in a higher education environment
- Proven and demonstrated ability to cultivate, solicit, and steward leaderships annual gifts of $5,000+.
- Experience with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT fundraising software
- Knowledge of planned giving techniques and vehicles
- Discretion with confidential information
- Team player with strong dedication to the purpose and mission of the college.
- Personal value system that encompasses a solid work ethic, conscientiousness, and ability to forge productive relationships.
- Quick-learner, self-starter, and self-motivated
- Astuteness and ability to make adjustments to and work within changing environments.
- Positive, enthusiastic, professional image in representing Holy Cross College, both internally and externally
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills and physical demands required of personnel so classified. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Employment at Holy Cross College is ‘at will’ meaning that either the College or the employee can end the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. Holy Cross College is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on qualifications and are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or any other legally protected status. Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and three references (names and contact information) via email to Human Resources [email protected]. Position open until filled.