The Holy Cross College Student Government Association (SGA) is a student-run organization that represents and acts in the interests of the students in their academic and student life endeavors, as well as providing opportunities to further personal formation in line with the vision of the Congregation of the Holy Cross. To meet these ends, SGA Senate enacts legislation that is conducive to improving student experience on campus while furthering the mission and vision of the College, and the Programing Board creates student programming that builds community while creating a vibrant sense of belonging for all students. Finally, the Executive Board oversees the day-to-day functioning of the Senate and Programming Board, as well as acting as the chief spokespersons of the student body to the College administration and faculty.
Between the three branches of government, SGA provides students the opportunity to develop leadership skills, engage in service, and make a difference to student experience on campus. We encourage you to get involved and share your unique gifts and talents!
Executive Board members work closely with the Director of Student Activities to manage and oversee all aspects of the SGA. The President and Vice President are elected by campus-wide elections held every spring semester, and the Chief of Staff is appointed by the Director of Student Activities through an application and interview process. This year’s Executive Board are:
Chief of Staff
The SGA Student Senate is comprised of 3 representatives from each of the four classes as well as commuter students. Senators are elected by campus-wide elections held every spring semester, with the exception of freshmen representatives who run for candidacy in a fall election. The 2022-2023 Senators are:
Eva De La Rosa
The SGA Programming Board has five distinct committees who work together to further the mission of Holy Cross College while promoting a holistic student experience. Members of the Programming Board are appointed by the Director of Student Activities through an application and interview process. The committees include:
- Dog Pound Committee focuses on building school spirit primarily through sponsoring game watches and promoting the student cheering section at various athletic events throughout the year.
- Entertainment Committee provides opportunities for socialization and formation through the annual Fall Fest and Spes Univents like Ice Skating at Howard Park or the annual Connect Four Tournament, Fridays at Four which is an on-going series aimed at educating the hearts and minds of students by engaging various elements of culture in a fun, casual manner, and putting on the ever-popular Spring Formal.
- Intramural Committee organizes and executes intramural opportunities for students, hosting one sport per semester to meet a wide variety of student interests. The Intramural Committee also hosts the annual Student vs. Faculty/Staff basketball game that is always great fun!
- Public Relations Committee delivers campus-wide programming information to students in a variety of ways including the Stall Street Journal and Driscoll Dispatch, as well as keeping students up to date on all campus activities through the SGA Instagram account.
- Social Concerns Committee organizes and executes a variety of service-oriented projects for the greater South Bend Community like our annual Basil’s Boo Bash and Thanksgiving Food Baskets for those in need, as well as support for student well-being by hosting the popular Dog Days Event and various seminars for health and well-being.
If you are interested in serving on any of these committees contact one of the Committee Chairpersons listed below or see the Director of Student Activities.
Dog Pound Committee Co-Chairs
Entertainment Committee Co-Chairs
Intramural Committee Co-Chairs
Public Relations Committee Chair
Social Concerns Committee Co-Chairs