In courses ranging from Computer Security to Principles of AI to Algorithm Development, Holy Cross computer science minors hone their programming skills and learn to apply the latest technology to real-world problems.
For example, during the 18 to 20 credit hours required to earn a computer science minor you might:
- Intern with a local tech startup in South Bend (100 percent of Holy Cross students intern before they graduate)
- Gain hands-on experience in Holy Cross’ computer lab
- Conduct research alongside Notre Dame or Saint Mary’s College students (you’ll have access to all the resources afforded by our tri-campus community
- Become adept at a number of programming languages, including Python, Java, and C++
- Benefit from personalized attention in small classes (our average class size is 14)
When you graduate with a minor in computer science from Holy Cross, you will be prepared to work in a range of industries, from education and government to corporations and nonprofit organizations.