A deep knowledge of human behavior and motivations is fundamental for success in a number of different industries—from sales, marketing, and nursing, to social work, education, and law enforcement. But most importantly, addressing why we do what we do as humans is endlessly fascinating and rewarding work.
As a psychology major at Holy Cross College, you’ll have a wide range of experiences that will help you grow as a scholar. For example, you might:
- Intern at the Logan Center, Robinson Learning Center, or Samaritan Center (100 percent of our majors participate in an internship before they graduate)
- Complete a research internship at the University of Notre Dame or Indiana University South Bend
- Attend or present at a professional conference—and receive academic credit in the process (students have recently presented at Earlham College and at the Midwestern Psychological Association Conference)
- Learn from accomplished faculty in classes averaging 14 students
- Become a member of the exclusive Psi Chi Psychology Honors Society, which indicates to prospective employers or graduate schools your exceptional academic accomplishments, character, and commitment to responsibility
Our graduates work in mental health, human resources, and children’s and family services. Some have become legal aides, editors, or addiction counselors. Others have pursued graduate study in everything from clinical and organizational psychology to education, nursing, and law.
Professors. Mentors. Partners in professional development. The Holy Cross College psychology faculty will help you connect your interest in human behavior with the needs of the world.
Doris Van Auken