A deep knowledge of human behavior and motivations is fundamental for success in a number of different industries—from sales, marketing, and nursing, to social work, education, and law enforcement. But most importantly, addressing why we do what we do as humans is endlessly fascinating and rewarding work.
As a psychology major at Holy Cross College, you’ll have a wide range of experiences that will help you grow as a scholar. For example, you might:
- Intern at the Logan Center, Robinson Learning Center, or Samaritan Center (100 percent of our majors participate in an internship before they graduate)
- Complete a research internship at the University of Notre Dame or Indiana University South Bend
- Attend or present at a professional conference—and receive academic credit in the process (students have recently presented at Earlham College and at the Midwestern Psychological Association Conference)
- Learn from accomplished faculty in classes averaging 14 students
- Become a member of the exclusive Psi Chi Psychology Honors Society, which indicates to prospective employers or graduate schools your exceptional academic accomplishments, character, and commitment to responsibility
Click here for a video done by a group of students in the Introduction to Psychology honors class on the topic of dealing with depression. It is an example of the level of expectation of work for students in the PSYC101 Honors class at Holy Cross College.