Call Campus Security: 574-239-8312
The Campus Safety and Security Department at Holy Cross College exists to serve the campus community. Our mission is to support the college’s primary objective of building competent minds and compassionate hearts by helping promote, create, and maintain a safe, secure, and enjoyable campus environment for all members of the college community and its guests. We are dedicated and committed to helping the college create a civil place based on Catholic values and common good.
Campus security is lead by officer Greg Runnels a former US Air Force Security Force E5 and an award winning security service officer.
The College has a coordinated partnership between the ND Safe Ride program (called O’SNAP) and the Holy Cross Security team to provide Holy Cross students with rides to and from the ND campus.
We call this program the HCC-ND Safe Ride Program.
To obtain a ride on ND campus, call (574) 631-5555, which will put you in contact with O’SNAP (the ND Student Nighttime Auxiliary Patrol) or download the App at http://mobile.nd.edu/app/ (use the “Transit” icon)
- ND will provide you with a ride to the gazebo on Dorr Road (near the WNDU studio)
- O’SNAP hours are:
Sunday – Wednesday: 8:30 p.m. to 2:30 a.m.
Thursday – Saturday: 9:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.
- If you need a ride on the ND campus outside the O’SNAP hours, call (574) 631-5555 and NDSP will make arrangements for you.
Immediately after contacting O’SNAP, call (574) 239-8312 (HCC Campus Security) to obtain a ride from the ND transfer point to the HCC campus (Note: Call immediately after contacting O’SNAP so HCC Campus Security can meet you at the drop-off point)
- A HCC Security officer will meet you at the transfer point and give you a ride to the HCC campus.
- Please remain at the transfer point until picked up or let HCC Campus Security know if you leave.
- You can call HCC Campus Security at (574) 239-8312 for a ride anytime you feel unsafe.
Please make use of these services whenever you are concerned about your safety.
Fire Plan (PDF, 96KB)
Evacuation Plan (PDF, 15KB)
Limited Mobility Evacuation (PDF, 486KB)
Tornado and other Severe Weather (PDF, 109KB)
Campus Shooter (PDF, 30KB)
To view Holy Cross College Security and Crime Statistics online at the US Department of Education, Office of Postsecondary Education, click here and type in “Holy Cross College,” “Notre Dame” (institution city), and select “Indiana.”