Welcome to Holy Cross College! Getting started with technology services at Holy Cross is easy. Please review the sections below for guidance. Note that if you very recently committed and deposited, or were recently hired, it may take a few days for your accounts to be created.
Your Email Address, Username, and Initial Password
Everyone at Holy Cross College is assigned an email address, username, and initial password for accessing College resources.
For students, this information can be found in your Applicant Portal in the “Access Holy Cross Student Technology Services” form.
For employees, you will receive an email with this information to your personal email address.
email address: BMoreau@hcc-nd.edu
initial password: 800012345
Initialize your Accounts
Before you can start using all Holy Cross College technology services, you must initialize your accounts.
- Visit the Microsoft 365 login page, https://outlook.office.com
- Login using your Holy Cross email address and initial password
- Change your password to something else at the prompt
- At the next prompt supply and verify a single piece of alternate contact information, such as a personal email address or a cell phone number. This information helps us get you back in to your account quickly if you ever encounter issues.
- You’re done! Remember to protect your new password. You will never be asked to share your password by anyone at Holy Cross College.
Now, in addition to accessing Microsoft 365 with your email address and new password, you can also access all other technology services using your username and new password.
Outlook (email), OneDrive (online storage), Teams (chat/video collaboration), and more. After logging in, click the “waffle” icon in the upper-left corner to see all of the Microsoft 365 apps available to you.
Learning management system with documents and links from your professors,assignment submission, quizzes, forums, etc.
All of your academic and financial records. Course schedule, midterm and final grades,unofficial transcript, class registration,billing, financial aid, etc.
Only available on campus, login to print from your personal devices and to check your print balance.
Do you need assistance with technology? Create a help ticket and we’ll get back to you quickly.
Campus wireless and computers
The ‘Holy Cross College’ wireless network on campus as well as any campus workstations.
- Protect your password. Don’t share it, don’t re-use it
- Keep your computing devices properly updated
- Be careful what you download from the internet
- Be wary of any unsolicited communications, especially if they have a sense of urgency and want you to take an action
- If something seems odd, let the IT department know
Checklist before arriving to campus
- Do all of the latest software and operating system updates on your personal computer.
- Make sure your personal computer has antivirus software installed, that the definitions are up-to-date, and that you are familiar with using your software.
- As a Holy Cross student, you get Microsoft Office for free on your personal devices. CLICK HERE for information on how to install it.
- Login to your HC Portal account to make sure that it is working properly.
- Login to your Microsoft 365 account to make sure it is working properly.
- Login to your Moodle account to make sure it is working properly.
- Review the college Responsible Use of Technology.
- Have a look at the instructions for How to Connect Your Computer to the Internet.